Elinor Stutz, CEO of Smooth Sale, delivers inspirational keynotes at conferences and authored three books: The International Best-Selling book, “Nice Girls DO Get the Sale: Relationship Building That Gets Results”, and community service led to the writing of her second best-selling book, “HIRED!” Recently launched, The Wish: A 360 Business Development Process to Fuel Sales provides readers with a comprehensive plan for securing improved sales. See more about Elinor on her dotKred page at ElinorStutz.Kred
What does being influential online mean to you?
The most telling signs of being influential include:
- Growth in followings and international connections
- An increase of "thank you” messages for helpful insights
- Inclusion in online papers and on lists (found on Twitter)
- Recognition by other companies
- Increased requests for service
- Increased inquiries for collaboration
How do you use your influence to better your community?
- Apply sales knowledge to securing new jobs for the betterment of job seekers
- Posts, Videos, Blogs and Articles feature the best of what I know
- Volunteer introductions for the benefit of others
- Share new ideas while in conversation
- Re-post articles and tweets I believe will help my followers
- Feature good work of others in my “Community Friday Blog”
How does generosity enhance your online relationships?
People are appreciative and they tend to reciprocate. Accordingly, introductions are made on my behalf and ideas to propel business are frequently presented to me.
How do you integrate your real life experiences with your online identity?
- My personal brand translates into my profile, work, branding/marketing effort and social media strategy.
- Authenticity and integrity are key for everything I do to include in-person and online.
- Every day experiences are transformed into blogs and articles about 5 days per week as they apply to business development and sales.
What advice do you have for someone who wants to make Social Media their career?
- Keep your values and principles for business in mind at all times and do not compromise.
- Don’t worry about the number of followers; instead concentrate on the quality of connections
- Focus on the platforms that appeal to you most to increase odds for success
- Provide your best insights without attempting to sell
- Thank people for reposting your posts
- Reciprocate by reposting the work of others that is in alignment with your thought
- Research profiles to find those you believe to complement your work. Send a short introductory message and ask to connect.
- Be consistently active on the preferred sites.
What do you use your [dot]Kred for?
I monitor the page to see where improvement may be made on the social media sites, and on occasion, the page is tweeted to inform followers of my work.
What makes your dotKred page different?
Taking my own advice, I focus on 3 social media platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, and I’m an avid blogger. These activities are reflected on my page.
Who influences you?
- I make it a habit to learn from everyone encountered -to avoid the poor strategies and learn from the good.
- The commonality found in the people who influence me are those who work for the greater good by helping their communities to achieve more.
- As I work, I do my best to read as much as possible including tweets and articles in addition to reading the business news.
- I belong to an online sales group of highly successful people and we exchange insights almost daily.
Click here to join Elinor on the Home of Influence Online
PeopleBrowsr is a technology company which provides enterprise, government and Top Level Domain owners with the ability to launch their own social networks and analyze and engage the members of those networks.